Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Week 5 - Wikis

Han Solo and Leia had three children? One of them went to the Dark Side?
Well, I'll be. . . . .
The things you can learn on a wiki.

I enjoyed the Princeton Book review wiki. Might have a go at a review.
I recently gave up about a quarter of the way through Ken Follett's
"World Without End". I finally couldn't take all the anachronistic language. It
vaguely annoyed me in "The Pillars of the Earth", but I must be more cranky these days.
I don't expect a book set in the 14th cent to be full of "Forsooth!" and "Prithee"s,
but I wince every time someone says something like "He made her feel really
sexy" or "I'll catch up with you later". I think use of language plays a big part
in creating and sustaining a believable historical world - don't you (whoever you
are!)?

No comments: